Fan skid WOL was designed in cooperation with Gdańsk Ship Design and Research Centre. It is intended to work in closed aerodynamic tunnel with changing turbulences, however it can also successfully work in technological installation as an axial fan.
- Construction: axial fan section Ø 2400mm, inlet section protected with wire guard, outlet section.
- Capacity of the fan: 334 800 m3/h up to 464 000 m3/h
- Power of the motor: 250 kW
- Main leader of the project: Ship Design and Research Centre
- Purchaser: Warsaw University of Technology, Military Technical Academy
The tunnel together with the fan skid produced by Nyborg-Mawent was assembled in Low Velocities Laboratory in Aerodynamics Building of Warsaw University of Technology.
The tunnel with closed circuit is equipped with two measuring spaces for air testing, as well as environmental tests. Two spaces allow for testing in velocity range 5-100 m/s, and a set of removable wire guards allows for obtainment of demanded turbulences.
Environmental section is intended for measurements, tests of circumfluence of town-planning objects, aero-generators, vehicles and many other industrial applications.
Air section is mainly intended for testing of profiles, airships, but it can also be adjusted to special requirements of testing of vehicles or buildings. Equipped with exchangeable spaces, the air section allows for large diversity of tests.